Highly Scalable Second-Screen Solution for Sports Events
Oxagile helped a national satellite TV provider invigorate their soccer audience with an interactive second-screen app. Using their iOS or Android device, soccer fans can try and make predictions (e.g. for shot outcomes) while watching the game on TV. Accurate predictions are rewarded with sponsored prizes.
Key features and highlights:
- lightning-fast, interactive UI;
- audio watermarking for synchronizing the TV and in-app feeds;
- powerful control panel;
- event and user management;
- communication module that seamlessly handles hundreds of thousands of concurrent requests;
- advanced load balancing;
- database clustering to cope with millions of registered users.
The project included a mobile app for end users and an administrative backend. To address critical performance and latency requirements, the system implements a highly scalable infrastructure and supports up to 500,000 simultaneous users.
Effort: 18 man-months