Powerful Media Management System for an Advanced VoD Platform
An international media and entertainment holding tasked Oxagile with developing a reliable and scalable backend for their flagship VoD platform with a focus on the Middle Eastern audience.
The resulting solution comprises four key modules that help automate the management of editors, users, content, and site layout respectively. The system provides a single point of control over the entire platform’s functionality and appearance.
Key features and highlights:
- ability to add and organize single- and multi-tier video content;
- ability to specify a wealth of metadata for each video, including genres and subgenres, dubbing and subtitles, content supplier, members of cast and crew, country of production, digital rights start and end dates, distribution regions, and MPAA rating;
- adding non-textual data (posters and backgrounds);
- conditional autofilling and advanced field validation;
- content scheduling and playlists;
- device management capabilities;
- sophisticated search algorithms that support English, Arabic, and transliteration;
- support for several VoD monetization models (SVOD, AVOD, TVOD);
- system security ensured by SSL/TLS encryption and token authentication.
To support the client’s commitment to reaching the largest audience possible, the team enabled publishing to a wide range of platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, Roku, PlayStation 3 and 4, Apple TV, Xbox, and smart TVs.
Effort: 56 man-months