Speed Tracker combines navigator, speedometer and trip computer functionality to make road trips smooth and enjoyable. The application was featured in the App Store’s Navigation category.
Key features and highlights:
- A precise GPS-based speedometer with a scalable dial;
- A built-in GPS tracker for efficient navigation, with support for Satellite or Hybrid map view modes;
- Automatic collection of important trip stats, such as speed, time, distance, heading, elevation, and more;
- A built-in trip odometer to help track the traveled distance;
- Automatic vehicle stop detection for accurate average speed calculations;
- A head-up display that allows drivers to view speed information right on the windshield;
- A variety of trip data export options, including Map URL, CSV, GPX, and KML;
- Social features that allow users to share trip info via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
Technology StackiOS, Android, Objective-C, Java
Timeframe and WorkloadDuration: 5 weeks
Effort: 2 man-months per platform