Our next episode of “software development team roles” series of posts continues introducing Oxagile team members. Our next guest is Alexander Zakashansky – Oxagile PHP developer.
Blitz questions: 7 facts about yourself?
- Foreign languages – English, also I know couple of word in isiZulu;
- Dream – To live till Mars colonization;
- Favorite food (meal) – Meat; )
- Place to go (venue or country) – Maybe, Australia;
- Hobby – Work J. Also I enjoy assembling plastic model kits (planes, tanks, etc). And Lego Technic;
- Recent book – “Cryoburn” by Lois McMaster Bujold;
- iOS or Android – Android. I’ve never used iOS.
1. What was your dream-job when you were a kid?
Astronaut or truck driver, since 11 years old – a software developer.
2. How did you earn your first money?
I started earning by doing math and programming test-tasks for students. And yes, I know, it’s a kind of illegal.)
3. How did it all started with Oxagile?
Nothing unusual. I was looking for a new job when Oxagile’s HR invited me to an interview. Finally they’ve made me an offer. Funny thing, actually there were two almost identical offers from Oxagile and one more company, so I had to flip a coin to make a decision. Oxagile won!
4. What advice would you give a junior software developer at the beginning of his/her professional carrier?
Think, read, ask and try it over and over again. That’s the exact order.
5. People say that a successful man is one who achieved the following: planted a tree, built a house and raised a son. What are you working at now? What do you plan to accomplish in the nearest future?
Seems like I’m doing it in a wrong way. I have neither planted a tree, nor built a house, but I raise a daughter!
6. What do you think is the most important in your work?
Just like at any other work, the main thing is to do what you love to do and to do it right.
7. How do you plan your daily activities? How do you manage to be on schedule?
I really don’t know. It happens per se. At work my daily activities are managed by manager, off work – by my wife.)
8. Are you a member of any club, society or organization?
Nope. At least, not for now.
9. Are you a geek or a nerd?
I’m a “geekish” nerd. But sometimes I’m a “nerdish” geek.
Read our previous post from this series: Software Developer With A Sense Of Beauty